Microsoft developed the MS Office 2003 to work as an office suite for the Windows operating system which is a unique product with the amazing features that have people still glued to it despite the upgrade and development of other office suites. It is known to be the only office product with the menu interfaces and a toolbar on its major applications. Microsoft Office 2003 is better and more attractive.
Why Microsoft Office 2003?
It also has the OneNote and InfoPath applications which are used to organize audio, text, diagrams and handwritten notes and graphics while the latter is used to design, fill, distribute and submit electronic forms that have structured data. It also matches the colors of Windows XP themes automatically. It is also compatible with Windows 8 in most cases. In the Outlook 2003, the junk mail filter has been significantly improved, and the productivity applications can also support tablet and pen use.
There are additional enhancements to Smart tags where you can use an extended library and regular expressions to define smart tag list in XML. You can exchange data with others, have a collaborated workflow and publish by using Share Point. It has integrated XML where you can design XML schemas or transform and import XML data.
Key Features Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 3
- Outlook 2003 has an enhanced junk mail filter
- Word 2003 gives you a reading layout view, research task pane and you can add voice comments
- Excel 2003 has XML data import, customize features and various statistical functions
- You can back up, see dependencies on objects and check errors in forms with Access 2003.
- Smart Tag Lists are definable in XML
- You can find and replace HTML or format cells with Frontpage 2003
- Commercial printers have a Color PostScript printer driver integrated in Publisher 2003
- Users can now limit access to some documents with the information rights management feature
- VSTO solutions that support add-ins from managed codes
- Applications have toolbars and menus that are customizable
Pros and Cons.
Its advantages include:
- It is the best tool for businesses where they can share information between a desktop, different workgroups, and enterprise
- It provides a comprehensive school and business working environment that improves both schools and work life for most people.
- It has toolbars and drops down menus in all its applications which make it interactive and easy to use.
Its disadvantages include:
- It only runs on Windows 2000 and Windows XP
- It is not compatible with newer versions of Microsoft Office, but this can be changed by installing the Compatibility Pack.
Most Common Users.
This office suite is a multi-user enabled software that supports a multitude of users from programmers, business owners and school going people. Its applications have been developed in such a way that whatever your profession is you are totally covered when it comes to working with them, and it’s still being commended by users who have shunned the newer upgrades.
Authors’ Note: this software is still relevant among its users who have trusted it for more than 10 years now, this is because it is guaranteed to give you the best out of your school or business work.